DIRECT HIRE | JACKSONVILLE, FL.
Would you really say you are results-oriented? Would you leverage our training to become the best installation tech you can be? What makes you get out of bed in the morning? Do you belong with the best HVAC company in the local area? If you are a person who always walks the walk and talks the talk, we want to chat with you. Here at Weather Engineers, we are focused on a single mission and vision. Making people feel at home, whenever they need it the most. If you have what it takes, please apply today.
The Residential Installation Technician is responsible for the proper installation of HVAC equipment, training of Installation Apprentices and efficiently utilizing resources available. Initiative, tact and integrity are essential to achieving departmental and corporate goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to work with all personnel levels, customers and suppliers, being proactive in building customer relations.
- Work effectively within a team maintaining efficiency, promoting safety, while maintaining company image and improving personal skills.
- Greet customers professionally and courteously. Run crew by providing clear directions and following up.
- Plan and order necessary materials daily. Complete and turn in time-sheets, daily reports, material orders and checklists at the end of every day. Be prepared by planning ahead.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings, training sessions and off hours training classes as required to stay up to date with technical information.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Weather Engineers’ policies as specified in the employee handbook.
- Provide excellent on-the-job training of Installation Apprentice(s). As determined by management, provide assistance to other departments.
- Maintain required personal tools in good working order (see Residential Installation Coordinator for list of tools) Responsible for the condition of any company owned and supplied tools including but not limited to: step ladders, extension ladders, electrically powered tools of any kind, etc. Maintain company vehicles in a clean, safe and proper running condition.
- Maintain working knowledge while providing on-the-job training on the complete installation of HVAC systems and fabrication of ductwork that meet or exceed code requirements. This includes: ability to install roof top package units without supervision, including heat pump split systems, straight cool units, all sheet metal, gas piping, electrical, and thermostat control systems; ability to layout and fabricate sheet metal transitions and straight duct; ability to perform all high voltage hook-ups on residential and light commercial equipment; and ability to perform all low voltage hook-ups on residential and light commercial equipment, including zone control systems.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as seasonal workload demands, plus be “on call” rotation as needed.
- Support Weather Engineers’ corporate goals, mission statement and vision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.