No matter where in the Sunshine State you live or what you do for a living, all Floridians have one thing in common: we all love having a working air conditioner. Even if our friends in the northwest may make fun of what we call “winter”, there are several reasons why it makes sense to get an AC maintenance check before the holidays.
5 Reasons to Schedule Preventive HVAC Maintenance Before to Holidays
1. Ensure that the heating system is working. Although some of our license plates boast about being the land of eternal summer, the past few winters, where temperatures have dropped down to the 20s and 30s beg to differ. Don’t wait until everyone and their mother is calling HVAC technicians at the same time for service.
2. Ensure that airflow will move efficiently. An unobstructed airflow means a comfortable environment indoors. This means that you need to pay close attention to factors that could block it, such as dust on air filters or fallen leaves, dirt, and other outside debris that may be stuck in your air conditioner’s condenser unit.
3. Preserve your home’s structure, books, and furniture. Fluctuating humidity will cause door and window frames (as well as wood furniture and hardwood floors) to expand and contract. When this happens, your home structure can end up with leaks. As a result, your air conditioner has to run for longer to reach the temperature set on the thermostat.
4. Keep your energy bills low. As explained above, leaks anywhere in your home will result in your AC working inefficiently. This will inevitably mean higher energy bills. Yet thorough AC maintenance can do wonders for your pocket. After all, you can reduce your air conditioner’s energy use between 20% and 50% if you can maximize efficiency.
5. Extend the lifespan of the condenser unit. Although this applies to everyone, it’s even more important for people who live in coastal neighborhoods. Salt in the air ends up covering the condenser unit. If you don’t hose it down regularly, it’ll corrode the condenser coils and shorten the lifespan of your air conditioner. When you do wash it, set the water pressure to low, to avoid bending the side panel fins. If some of them get bent slightly anyway, straighten them out with a condenser fin comb.
Call our HVAC professionals at A Plus Air Conditioning in Gainesville for AC Service
Let us help you extend the lifespan of your air conditioner! We provide services throughout north central Florida. And because we understand that a working air conditioner is essential in Florida, we offer 24/7 AC emergency service.
Call us at (352) 374-4988 to schedule an appointment.