Ensuring a safe and efficient heating system at home or work is crucial for a property owner. You have to keep your family safe from furnace problems such as leaks and carbon monoxide (CO) buildups.
Your central heating unit produces byproducts such as carbon monoxide, an odorless and flammable gas. These CO buildups might become a long-term problem for your family’s health conditions and lead to severe cardiovascular impairments. To avoid severe health problems caused by carbon monoxide poisoning, here are the things you can do to prevent them:
1) Regular Gas Furnace Maintenance
Regular inspections and checkups of your gas furnaces can prevent problems that cause damage to your central heating unit other than leaks. So, maintaining a yearly checkup routine is an excellent way to reveal whether your gas furnace should be cleaned or replaced entirely.
If you get your central heating unit annual maintenance with HVAC professionals, it will be easier for you to assess what your unit needs. Additionally, contacting HVAC experts for your gas furnace maintenance can identify and resolve these common furnace problems:
- Dirty and Clogged Filters
- Worn Out Ball Bearings
- Malfunctioned Thermostats
- Unwanted Furnace Noise
- Improper Furnace Installation
- Natural Gas or Propane Problems
2) Secure Carbon Monoxide Detectors
A carbon monoxide detector is a safety device designed to warn someone of a CO leak in a household or commercial building in the gas furnace unit. Through these detectors, you will be safe from the danger of gas furnace hazards like carbon monoxide poisoning.
Mounting these carbon monoxide detectors also helps you amend an immediate solution to CO leaks from your furnaces at home or work. It is advisable to have at least two detectors at home, one near the family’s bedrooms and one near your furnace. You can also request your HVAC company to install more than two sensors for better warning.
Contact an HVAC Expert Near You!
Having a well-maintained gas furnace at home or work will save everyone from carbon monoxide poisoning! Book an appointment with A Plus Air Conditioning and Refrigeration in Gainesville, FL. We’ll be glad to schedule a service for you!