Households in Florida use an HVAC system to maintain the excellent air quality inside their homes. Through regular duct cleaning and checkup, owners can keep the best airflow quality from their HVAC unit without compromising their health conditions caused by the dirty air ducts. However, sometimes a homeowner gets busy with work and forgets to clean their AC unit. That’s why they still use it while it’s full of dust and debris, which can be dangerous to their health.
If you’re unaware of the effects of unclean air ducts on your health, we’ve listed some of them below. They include:
- Skin Allergies. Dirty air vents circulate allergens within your home through dust particles trapped in the air ducts. That’s why there’s a high chance that air coming out from the vents are already contaminated, which can trigger your allergies, such as eczema, rashes, and hives. If your skin is already sensitive to dust and debris, a dirty air duct can worsen your state.
- Sinus Infections. The moment an unclean HVAC unit kicks off, contaminated air will surely spread around the house immediately. It can cause people to have nasal problems since they breathe poor quality air. It can trigger your nasal passages to be inflamed and worsen any sinus infections you have. The typical symptoms are runny nose, pain around the face, and sinus pressure.
- Fatigue. If your household keeps using an HVAC unit with unclean air ducts, your family will constantly deal with the poor indoor air quality at home. The dirty vents give off bacteria, pollen, and mold spores that cause your drowsiness and fatigue.
- Respiratory Diseases. Since the air quality is already contaminated, you and your loved ones are at risk of getting respiratory diseases due to a dirty AC unit. If you’re an immunocompromised person, notice that you get sick more than usual and experience low-grade fever, cough, sinus problems, and headache. Because of this, inhaling poor air quality can worsen your conditions to bronchitis or pneumonia.
Health Benefits of Clean Ducts
More now than ever, humans spend the majority of their life indoors. Many of us find comfort relaxing at home and spending time with our families. However, many do not realize that irregular maintenance of a home’s HVAC system could be affecting the health of the persons living inside it.
While you may consider yourself more than capable of keeping a clean house, air ducts are often “out of sight, out of mind”. Which means, that many often forget to schedule regular maintenance appointments in order to keep them clean. This allows mold, dust, and bacteria to grow or become trapped within the air vents, making the air in the house uncomfortable to breathe.
Some of the Health Benefits of Clean Ducts
- Reducing the amount of air pollutants currently in the home. This, in turn, reduces the chance of you or your family developing respiratory issues such as emphysema, bronchitis, or asthma.
- It helps minimize the severity of allergies caused by pollen or pet dander tracked into the home.
- Clean air ducts help curb asthma attacks as well.
- It will assist in keeping up the body’s resistance to infections.
- Regular cleaning of your air ducts will allow someone to be constantly checking for mold. This will stop mold spores from causing damage to your health.
- Will stop particles from being blown into the air and causing sinus issues
Get in Touch With HVAC Professionals
Protecting your family from health problems is a must in every household. That’s why it’s essential to maintain a clean HVAC unit your family’s welfare. It’s always best to ask the experts about HVAC-related concerns like air duct cleaning. Contact us at A Plus Air Conditioning & Refrigeration for HVAC repair and services. We provide quality air through HVAC services in Gainesville, FL.