DIRECT HIRE | JACKSONVILLE, FL.
Do you know for a fact you belong with the best? Do you love challenges? If not, please disregard this post. If you have a thick skin, and you always keep pushing when things get harder, apply now. The right candidates want to create unparalleled home comfort in the most difficult situations, and love progress. They are hungry for results, and success is their middle name.
The Envirovac Apprentice is responsible for the service, repair, design, cleaning and maintenance of HVAC duct systems as well as efficiently utilizing resources. Initiative, tact and integrity are essential to achieving departmental and corporate goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to work with all personnel levels, customers and suppliers, being proactive in building customer relations.
- Perform in a team environment maintaining efficiency, promoting safety, maintaining company image and improving personal skills.
- Greet customers courteously, thoroughly diagnose system preventing call backs, explain work performed to customer, explain billing charges, ensure invoice is correct with serial numbers and type of equipment, and collect payments from customers. Provide information about cost savings that a Preventative Maintenance plan can provide customers through decreased utility bills, discounted service, preferred service response time and optimal performance from their equipment.
- Provide and maintain in good working condition all hand tools for the efficient diagnosis and service of any residential or light commercial a/c equipment or duct system. Take responsibility for the condition of the company’s tools including but not limited to; step ladders, extension ladders, electrically powered tools of any kind, etc.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings and training sessions as required to maintain up to date information. Adhere to company policy as specified in the employee handbook.
- Communicate effectively with apprentices and the installation, sales and billing departments. Complete in a neat and orderly manner all required paperwork pertaining to each job. Turn in all required paper work timely and in a legible fashion. Inform dispatch when call is complete or is taking longer than scheduled time allotted.
- Maintain and report parts inventory sheets. Maintain company vehicle in a clean, safe and proper running condition. Keep inventory properly stocked. Obey all safety and traffic rules. Report any traffic violations and accidents to the company immediately.
- Maintain thorough knowledge for the complete installation of HVAC duct systems that meet or exceed code requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Some mechanical experience.
- HVAC Experience preferred but not required.
- Must possess and maintain valid, clean state driver’s license and the ability to drive all types of vehicles in the corporate fleet.
- Ability to purchase and maintain all hand tools for the efficient service and repair of any residential or light commercial duct system is required.
- Ability to work in high, open places.
- Retain the ability to regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Possess good vision (either naturally or with correction).
- Maintain tidy appearance and energetic attitude, report to work on time, practice safety always, and make your work area cleaner, neater than when you arrived.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when required.
- Willing and able to work in small areas, hot conditions such as attics/commercial application/warehouses.
- Basic knowledge of duct installation and duct system fabrication.
Required Skills: Envirovac “Duct” Apprentice